As you work on your web design Chula Vista you have to think about web traffic. You want your website to get as much traffic as possible. Achieving this requires that you use a combination of strategies to achieve maximum exposure. One of the best things you can do to do is learn how to ace Google featured snippets.
What are Google featured snippets?
When a user searches for something on Google they get a special featured snippet block at the very top of the search results. This featured snippet is what is we are talking about. The snippet blocks is a summary of the answer a user asked. It is extracted from the webpage that has the best answer together with the link to that page. Google snippets are important because they help you get more traffic. But how do you ensure you get featured? Here are a few important points you need to understand as a web designer Chula Vista.
Facts about Featured Snippets
- About 13% of Google queries return featured snippets at the very top of the results page.
- Approximately 97% of featured snippets answer a user’s question correctly.
- Featured snippets are either paragraphs, lists, tables or video.
- Voice search gets answers almost exclusively from the featured snippets. 85% of paragraph snippets result in vice answers
- Over 85% of featured snippets are triggered by long-tail keywords.
How to Optimize for Featured Snippet Appearance
The goal of every web designer Chula Vista is to build a website that gets loads of traffic. Getting your featured snippets displayed will increase traffic. Here are some of the things you can do to optimize your snippets.
- Target keywords with questions. Queries that start with words like ‘Why’ and ‘What’ return paragraph snippets more than 90% of the time. Questions show a 480% increase in the percentage of the keywords with featured snippets.
- Best snippets are 40 to 50 words long. Such snippets show in the answer box perfectly.
- Google tends to truncate lists that have more than 8 items. You should create longer lists so that you entice users to click your link to find out more.
- Use more visual content. SEMRush study showed featured snippets had an average of 12 images with appropriate ALT texts in their content. Landscape images with an aspect ratio of 4:3 are the best.
- 83% of all websites that get featured snippets run HTTPS. As you work on your web design Chula Vista you should ensure you get an SSL certificate.
There are many more things you can do to improve your success rate when it comes to featured snippets. The aforementioned points will, however, get you started in the right foot.