Web design Chula Vista has been made easy by the availability of many web development tools. The majority of these tools are free of charge and you will only need to worry about the cost of hosting and buying a domain name. Even so, before you take the easy way out, it is imperative that you understand the pros and cons of your decision. In this post, we shall be looking at the advantages and disadvantages of both custom web design and templates.
Custom web design
This is an option where a web designer Chula Vista will develop your website from scratch and code all the functionalities. This the best option for B2B websites. It is ideal for companies that want to improve or preserve their brand credibility.
- Customization: Everything on the website can be customized from the fonts to the animation and more. The level of customization enables you to showcase your brand accurately.
- Great for SEO: Search engine optimization calls for more than selecting the right keywords. Every aspect of your website will affect your ranking from the code used to how you write your content.
- Functionality: The right web designer will code just any functionality that you want whether you need integrated candidate tracking system or location-based home pages.
- Control and ownership: You will own the domain, the design, custom videos, graphics, imagery and everything on your website. This level of ownership makes it easy for you to protect your brand.
- Takes a lot of time to complete.
- It is more expensive than a template website
- Many professional disciplines will have to be involved
This is ideal for startups that lack the manpower, time and resources needed to build a custom website. These are predesigned websites. All you need to do is make a few changes for the template to match your brand.
- It takes very little time to create and launch the website. The option is more of a plug and play.
- It is very affordable.
- You can configure the website on your own using tools like Square Space and Wix.
- Limited customization: You will not be able to change how the website looks.
- Bad for SEO: The templates are not built for SEO but for easy maintenance. You need to hire a web designer for you to add the SEO options that you need.
- With most website templates, you will not be able to control your own hosting and you will have to pay a subscription fee.